Jade Homes believes in building and preserving relationships with our past, present and future customers. These relationships are built on trust, respect and serving your needs. Establishing that trust and respect in this relationship is done by telling you what information we require from you, how this information will be handled and used and how this information will be kept safe. We know that your personal information is a valued asset and we want you to know that we will treat it carefully.
Your personal information is also governed by certain federal and provincial legislation which we, at Jade Homes, comply with.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual, other than the person’s business title or business contact information when used or disclosed for the purpose of business communications.
What Personal information do we collect
The personal information we collect includes:
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
- Contact and identification information, such as your name, addresses, telephone number and email address;
- Information related to the purchase or proposed purchase of a home including;
- Municipal and legal address
- All plans, specifications, agreements, addendums, revisions, change orders, or any other information related to the construction of the home including general information on preferences, advisors and decision-makers, feed-back and information requested by or provided to you.
- Personal financial, banking and insurance information
- Information about any remedial work or other work done to the home
- Information from third party contractors, suppliers, consultants, developers and lawyers who provide work or services directly to you or Jade Homes
- Information required by The Alberta New Home Warranty Program (the “Program”). This information includes any information about a request for assistance, claim or dispute between you and Jade Homes about your home, including information provided during the course of alternate dispute resolution processes such as conciliation, mediation and arbitration procedures of the Program or any legal proceedings.
- Website specific information regarding requests and choices you may have made and other general information such as your IP address, “cookies”, URL addresses and names of the immediate proceeding website you may have visited.
- Market research information related to your choices, preferences and demographics
Jade Homes collects personal information to enable us to manage, maintain, and develop our business and operations, including:
Jade Homes may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to third parties. We require each such third party to have a policy in place that complies with the requirements of the applicable privacy and anti-spam legislation in Canada.
How Do We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information?
When do we Disclose Your Personal Information?
- To establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you so that we may provide you with, or receive from you, the products and services that have been requested;
- The purposes for such disclosure include, but are not limited to:
- Enrollment in the Program;
- Developer approval of the plans and specifications;
- Financing of the construction;
- Registration of the Transfer of Land with the Land Titles Office;
- Canada Revenue Agency;
- Contractor conducting work on the home insofar as is necessary for any specific contractor to complete it work on the home;
- Warranty inspections and subsequent remedial work, if such work is covered by any warranty contained in the Purchase Agreement
- To be able to review the products and services that we provide to you so that we may understand your requirements for our products and services as so that we may work to improve our products and services;
- To be able to comply with your requests;
- If you have contacted us through our website, or provided us other contact information in our efforts to market our products and services, we may also contact you via e-mail message or other media to:
- Respond to an inquiry or request for information;
- Thank you for contacting Jade Homes
- Welcome you to Jade Homes and to its products and services;
- Explain new product offerings and features of our services;
- Notify you of special promotions;
- Communicate with you after the purchase of a home about your home and your use of our related products and services; and
- Contact you after the purchase of a home regarding warranty services
- To protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- To enable us to undertake our environmental, health and safety activities, including incident planning, response and investigation;
- To enable us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements (for example, we may collect information to satisfy the obligations imposed on us by Canada Revenue Agency);
- To enable us to analyze market conditions; and
- Any other reasonable purpose to which you consent
- for any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to use or disclose your personal information;
- We may use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
We share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you, including: third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf; third parties that assist Jade Homes in the provision of goods and services to you; and third parties whose services we use to conduct our business.
Further, your personal information may be used or disclosed: A Note About Website Cookies for the purpose of Remarketing.
- As permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- To comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- As part of Jade Homes’ regular reporting activities;
- To protect the rights and property of Jade Homes
- Take precautions against liability;
- During emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- Where the personal information is publicly available;
- To respond to claims that your information violated the rights and interests of third parties;
- To protect the security and integrity of the website;
- To correct technical problems and malfunctions in the website; or with your consent.
In order to provide you with a service or information, you may voluntarily submit personal information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, reviewing or downloading a publication, subscribing to a newsletter or a mail or e-mail list, participating in an event, and participating in contests and surveys. We may combine and store personal information about your use of our website and the online information you have provided with certain other personal information we may have collected.
Occasionally, we may send marketing or promotional e-mail communications to you with information that may be useful, including information about our products and services, and other third parties with whom we have a relationship. In this process, we may collect certain information such as the date/time you first opened our e-mail communications, the number of times you open our e-mail communications, the number of click-throughs per article, total click-through activity on the contents of our e-mail communications and compile generally the related statistics. We may combine and store any such information to manage and improve our e-mail communications to you. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional e-mails from us.
Our website may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience only. You are advised that other third party websites may have different privacy policies and practices than us, and we have no responsibility for such third party websites.
Your Consent is Important to Us
Your consent may be implied, deemed (using an opt-out mechanism) or express. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from your action or inaction. For example, when you enter into an agreement with us, we will assume your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to the performance of that agreement and for any other purposes identified to you at the relevant time.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, except where it is required to fulfill our legal or contractual obligations and subject to reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Privacy Officer.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
Your personal information is stored in secure locations and on secure servers located in Canada.
We protect your personal information by using industry standard technology and security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including physical, administrative and electronic controls to minimize the risk of unauthorized access, use or disclosure of or to your personal information.
Our employees are trained to appreciate the importance of privacy and confidentiality of personal information and the provisions of this policy apply to them as conditions of their employment.
Updating Your Personal Information
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of your relationship, please keep us informed of such changes. We will endeavor to change that record.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to access your personal information that is in our custody, subject only to certain legal restrictions.
We strive to ensure that all information on-hand is accurate and up-to-date. We therefore urge you to provide us with updates regarding your personal information and to inform us of any errors affecting the personal information we hold.
Access or correction requests must be in writing and should provide sufficient detail of the nature and scope of your request.
If you have more questions about your privacy rights in Alberta please visit the website of the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner at www.oipc.ab.ca
For further information about what your rights are under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents (PIPEDA) Act, please visit the website for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.priv.gc.ca.
713 7 Avenue East PO BOX 629
Bow Island, AB